November 11, 2017
We are proud to be partnering with Jacob Bromwell® to bring you an exciting American-made giveaway, just in time for the holiday season.
Established in 1819, Jacob Bromwell® is the United States’ oldest and most respected name in kitchenware, housewares, and heritage-inspired products. They design, manufacture, market, and distribute a line of timeless goods, all of which exhibit beautiful design, best-in-class craftsmanship, and long-lasting quality. All Jacob Bromwell® products are handcrafted with pride in the USA and guaranteed for life.
Sound familiar? Swap out a few details and you could be telling the Stormy Kromer story.
And although our two founders – Jacob and Stormy – were separated in history by 100 years or so, they held fast to the same values – designs with a practical purpose, a passion for American craftsmanship, and a belief that products you spend your hard-earned money on ought to last for generations.
Some more fun facts about our companies and founders:
- Originally located in Cincinnati, Ohio, Mr. Bromwell’s company created cutting-edge products that fulfilled the demands and needs of fellow pioneers during his era – and in the further reaches of the Midwest (northeastern Wisconsin), George “Stormy” Kromer and his wife Ida created a cap to meet the needs of his fellow railroad workers.
- Jacob Bromwell’s Original Popcorn Popper, one of the oldest products in the line, was originally sold at a wholesale price of $3.50 per gross. Early advertising for the Kromer wool cap list the wholesale price at $1 per cap.
- Signatures are important to both of us – and while the Stormy Kromer signature on the back of every cap is merely a re-creation of Stormy’s hand, the Jacob Bromwell logo is their founder’s actual signature.
- We both work in hand crafting – sewing and coppersmithing – and we utilize very little automation in our production processes. Learn more about how Stormy Kromer stitches your cap and Jacob Bromwell forms its metals.
- We both stand behind our American made products and offer a lifetime guarantee.
And now to the giveaway! Simply fill out the form below and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the chance to win two great items: The Original Stormy Kromer Cap from Stormy Kromer (size and color of the winner’s choice) and The Continental Cup from Jacob Bromwell. Enter by Saturday, November 18th at 11:59 central time. The winner will be contacted on November 20th. Good luck!