January 15, 2021
We’re are looking for a photography intern to join our marketing team for 8 weeks over Summer 2021 to work on an ambitious product photography and video project to improve our website’s visual merchandising. This position will allow you to be a part of every step of bringing our iconic products to our online customers in a new way, working with both internal and external team members.
Internship Duties/Experiences Include:
- Concept brainstorming
- Still product photography, including multiple images of each product
- On-model photography showing fit and sizing of product
- Video work with a subset of our products to test impact of video
- Photo and video editing
- Other marketing support as time allows, including social media content creation, support of Annual Tent Sale, marketing planning for fall 2021 product launch
- Current student in Art, Photography, Film, Graphic Design or other related program OR relevant photography experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
- Organized with the ability to efficiently multitask
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Student should have a camera – Stormy Kromer will provide access to lighting and editing software
During this experience, you will work with a wide array of professionals associated with our brand and company, including our CEO, President, Marketing Manager, outside marketing consultants, web developers and more. You will also learn the challenges and benefits of a Made in America brand and gain an understanding of consumer behaviors in ecommerce. Our aim is to give you a practical, realistic experience that will benefit both you and our company.
As of January 2021, this internship is planned to take place onsite at the Stormy Kromer factory in Ironwood, pending developments with COVID-19. Exact working dates are flexible based on the schedule of the selected student. This is a paid position.
To apply please email a cover letter, resume and design portfolio to Gina Jacquart Thorsen, President at [email protected].