January 18, 2021
Are you a student looking for a hands-on, real-world business opportunity in Michigan’s beautiful Upper Peninsula? Stormy Kromer, located in Ironwood, Michigan, is an iconic, Made in the USA apparel and accessory brand on a steady path of growth.
We are looking for a technical writing intern to join our operations team for 8 weeks over Summer 2021 to establish a corporate format for process documentation in our facility, and to implement this format in at least one department, resulting in comprehensive documentation of key processes and procedures.
Internship Duties/Experiences Include:
- Work closely with production managers to understand documentation needs
- Present proposed documentation standards/outline to Executive Team
- Observe and interview departments to understand key processes
- Produce high-quality documentation with text and pictures that is appropriate for the intended audience
- Current student in business writing, technical writing, or other related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Organized with the ability to efficiently multitask
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good collaboration skills
During this experience, you will work with a wide array of professionals associated with our brand and company, including our CEO, President, COO, production managers, facility and maintenance managers, and more. Our aim is to give you a practical, realistic experience that will benefit both you and our company.
This internship is scheduled for summer 2021. Exact working dates are flexible based on the schedule of the selected student. This is a paid position.
To apply please email a cover letter and resume our HR department at [email protected].